It’s hard to believe that 2019 is almost over!
I’ve enjoyed reading “Thru the Bible” with many of you this past year on Facebook. It’s been so rich and wonderful to read the comments you’ve left in the daily assignment threads.
For those of you who read the entire Bible this past year, congratulations! I’m so proud of you, my friend!
However, for many of us – perhaps most of us! – trying to get through the Bible in a year seems impossible.
That was definitely true for me in the past. Because I couldn’t figure out how to do it all, I didn’t do anything at all. At least not in a meaningful way.
I’m praying that you’ll discover that beauty this year as we switch gears to a Bible reading plan with a slower pace.
Rather than reading three or four chapters a day, we’ll focus on one chapter a day… Reading less so we can reflect more.
Here’s a short video that explains the process…
Join Us at Facebook
I hope you’ll join the beautiful Bible reading community that has developed over at my author page on FACEBOOK.
Each morning, we post that day’s reading assignments then people share what God spoke to them – such a powerful way to grow together!
Here’s how you can be a part:
- Follow my FACEBOOK PAGE
- Click on the “FOLLOWING” tab at top of page and request to “SEE FIRST” notifications
- Read the assigned chapter in the Bible
- Record what you learned in the FREE Bible Reading Journal – Sign up HERE
- Leave a COMMENT on the Facebook assignment thread sharing what spoke most to you
Subscribe & Get a Bible Reading Journal!
You can get your free “Word of God Speak 2020” Journal by signing up in the form below.
The Bible reading journal features:
- Instructions for using the journal – including tips for getting the most out of your Bible reading
- Daily assignment schedule – one chapter a day
- Space to record your Bible reading highlights
- Bonus: “Pray Every Day” pages to help you focus on a different part of your life each day
Hope You’ll Join Us…
Whether or not you take part in “Word of God Speak 2020” over at Facebook, I hope you’ll carve out time in your day to spend time with the Lord reading His love letter to you. God longs to speak to us – that’s why He gave us the Bible.
As we begin, I’d like to pray this prayer with you. It’s the prayer Paul prayed…
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.” Ephesians 1:17
Won’t you join me as we pursue a deeper relationship with the Lord this coming year? For there’s nothing in this world that can compare to knowing Christ.
[To learn more about how the plan works, read “Get More Out of the Bible by Reading Less (Really!)”]