“It’s time to let go of the past so we can move forward into the future!”
Do you feel stuck? Are you in need of some forward movement, but can’t figure out where to begin?
In today’s episode, I share four ways you can partner with God to move forward in your life. It’s a great exercise for the beginning of the year, but it’s useful for any season you are in. Sign up to receive a FREE set of “MOVING FORWARD” Planning Sheets – designed to help you get moving toward the life God has for you.
While looking at the past helps us recognize God’s faithfulness and the ways we’ve grown, you and I were never meant to stay there. God is calling us to move forward with Him. He knows where He wants to take you, my friend. As you put your hand in the hand of Jesus, He’ll take you there.
We’ll be discussing…
- As we look back with gratitude, we can look forward with confidence
- The past has the potential to leave us with regret, unmet longing, resignment or resentment, but learn from the lessons and leave the rest behind
- God can take the hurt from our past and turn it into good (Romans 8:28)
- You can’t change anything about your past – but you can definitely change your future
- God took hold of you to reconcile you fully to Himself, make you more like Jesus, use you in His Kingdom and help you glorify Him
- If you have habits to break – “Don’t quit quitting”
- If you have habits to make – “Don’t quit trying”
- “To this end I labor, struggling with all HIS ENERGY which so powerfully works in me.” (Colossians 1:29)
- God is not setting you up to fail. Fully engage and make yourself available to God – He will give you the strength you need
- Keep your eyes on Jesus and the finish line – Our ultimate goal is heaven & eternity
- “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.” (1 Corinthians 15:10)
Four Ways to Move Forward
- Let go of the past
- Be persistent & expectant
- Cooperate with God’s grace
- Keep your eyes on Jesus
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 3:12-14
Move Forward With Confidence
If you feel stuck or just need a little clarity as to how to move forward in 2020, this simple “MOVING FORWARD” worksheet may help. (Designed to complement the “DECADE IN REVIEW” worksheets.)
My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
Connect with Joanna
Perhaps one of your goals in 2020 is to start or continue writing. If you’d like some tips and tools, you won’t want to miss the StoryTellers Conference. There are ten authors and writing coaches ready to help you add skills to your writing toolbox.
My teaching topic is: “Telling Biblical Stories with a Modern-Day Application.”
Just like the FlourishWriters Conference last year, this is a VIRTUAL CONFERENCE where you can access the interviews and material for FREE anytime between January 20-25 (unlimited access available by purchase).
CLICK HERE to register and grab your spot!
I’d love to hear from you… What is God asking you to do in order to “move forward” in 2020?