Happy New Year and Welcome to Thru the Word 2022!
Are you ready to read through the Bible this year?
Perhaps you’re one of those highly disciplined people (like my husband), who accomplish this impressive goal every single year.
Or maybe you’re a little less disciplined, like me, and the idea of actually making it through the entire Word of God in a year feels overwhelming.
One way or another, I’m excited to share a plan that has made the Bible come alive to me. As we travel back and forth between the Old Testament and the New, we’re going to see the Good News in a brand new way.
Let’s Get Started!
If you haven’t already gathered the following resources, you’ll need:
- Bible – a translation that you enjoy and understand
- Bible Reading Schedule – click HERE to print (also in the journal)
- FREE Bible Reading Journal – sign up HERE
Here’s How Thru the Word 2022 Works
Each Sunday, we post the weekly reading assignments on social media, with assignment threads posted daily on Facebook. Just click on the following links and “follow” to see posts:
We’d love to have you join the conversation that takes place in daily threads on Facebook. Here’s an idea of what the weekly assignment looks like:
JANUARY 1-7 – THIS WEEK’S READING FOCUS:
BIBLE: Genesis 1-17; Psalms 1-6 (see reading schedule)
As you read, be open to the voice of the Lord. He wants to speak to you!
1. Before you begin, ask the Holy Spirit to remove any preconceived ideas or biases so that you can receive a fresh word from the Lord.
2. Read the assigned scripture portion slowly until something speaks to you.
- In journal, write the verse(s) word-for-word, including the reference.
- Write down how it impressed you.
3. Take all of it to the Lord in prayer.
4. Leave a comment at blog or in that day’s Facebook reading assignment thread:
- Note verse reference
- Share your response
Get your FREE Bible & Devotional Reading Journal!!! Sign up HERE
I’d love to hear from you…Are you going to join our Bible reading adventure?