“Bad days don’t make you a bad mom”
In this special episode, award-winning author, popular national conference speaker, and former radio cohost, Renee Swope shares from her newest book, A Confident Mom: Simple Ways to Give Your Child What They Need . Renee shares how her pain from her youth inspired her to parent differently with God’s direction and leading. Renee encourages all mamas how to find confidence, purpose and meaning in their parenting.
Through heart-centered parenting that is character-focused and relationship-driven, she gracefully reminds us that we are not created to carry the load of perfect parenting. We must allow God to lead us in our imperfections, learning how to truly understand our children and raise them to become all that God created them to be.
Important Takeaways from Show
- Being a mom is one of the hardest, holy jobs we will ever have to face.
- We are raising up a person created in the image of God with a purpose, calling, and future. Their emotional
- A confident mom is not self-reliant, she is one who puts her faith in God and trusts that He who began a good work in her children will be faithful to complete it. Philippians 1:6
- Motherhood strips away our ability to really fake it until we make it.
- God looks at us with love, patience and kindness, and He wants us to see our own children through those same eyes.
- Let your kids be who God created them to be – guiding them in wisdom, covering them in prayer and getting to know who they truly are.
- Discern the voice of God and ask Him, “What are the keys to our kids kingdoms?”
- “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.” Psalm 139:23
- Become a student of your child; loving and accepting them for where they are at.
- “They need to be good so I can be good,” is too much of a load for us moms to put on our kids.
- Do life and gain wisdom from the older moms whose life looks like a legacy you hope to live.
- Instead of asking was I a failure today God, ask was I faithful today in my parenting.
- We have a good Father who pursues us. If we can be who He says who He is, things will be better.
- Be with your children; be present, and be patient in your time with them.
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” Hebrews 11:6
Links from Show
Book: A Confident Mom
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]
Connect with Renee Swope
Connect with Joanna
Subscribe & Get a Bible Reading Journal!
You can get your free “2022 Thru the Word” Journal by signing up in the form below.
The Bible reading journal features:
- Instructions for using the journal – including tips for getting the most out of your Bible reading
- Daily assignment schedule keeping you on pace to read the entire Bible in one year
- Space to record your Bible reading highlights
- Bonus: “Pray Every Day” pages to help you focus on a different part of your life each day
I’d love to hear from you… What spoke most to you from Renee’s interview?