“You are not merely tolerated, you are fiercely loved”
What a joy to have our very own Godmother in the Faith, Lisa Bevere, on this episode! This New York Times best-selling author and internationally known speaker has spent more than three decades empowering women of all ages to find their identity and purpose. We talk about Lisa’s latest book, Fiercely Loved: God’s Wild Thoughts About You, and how to shift our perspective so that we live confidently from the fact we are loved, welcomed, and wanted by God.
In a world of comparison and judgment, our understanding of God’s fierce love gets skewed. Lisa helps us move God’s love from our heads to our hearts so that we experience the intimate, fierce love God has for us. For we’ve been His best idea and the focus of His love from the very start.
Important Takeaways from Show
- Godmothers are those who recognize the gaps in our lives and call us to a higher way.
- We need multigenerational connections; the younger ones need the older ones and the older need the younger.
- God has a treasury of thoughts about you that is innumerable and constant.
- “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.” Psalm 139:17-18
- Who you are to God is far more important to Him than what you can do for God.
- Keep your eyes, not on people, but on the One who gave His life for you.
- Understanding the love of God requires experience, not just words.
- When you have a relationship with God, His words proceed to you – when you have religion, you only hear what has proceeded.
- Stop running from God’s love and turn towards it.
- God’s love is everything we long for plus more.
- Rather than pursuing good works, we should pursue God’s presence.
- When we are distracted by peripheral matters, we miss out on the internal and eternal love of God.
- Until we receive love, we cannot give love.
“I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.” Jeremiah 31:3 ESV
Links from Show
90 Day Devotional: Fiercely Loved: God’s Wild Thoughts About You
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]