Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Trusting God is a revolt against worry and anxiety.
In this episode, dear friend and author of The Settled Soul, Jodi Detrick, shares her experience of living with only half-sight after a series of eye complications. She has not only adjusted to life with a new perception visually, but her perception spiritually has attuned to a clearer understanding of what it looks like to truly trust God in the dark.
When we only see and know in part, the most important part of trust takes over. The choice and treasure to have faith in God even when we can’t see or understand what we’re going through. Jodi reminds us to lift the burdens to God and release the worry and fear over things we can’t control. Trusting God to help us walk this life with a lighter load. Trust is not a feeling it is a choice. As we choose to trust God in the dark, the light will always find its way in.
Important Takeaways from Show
- In the hardship of life, light shines through the haze which gives us hope and points our feet in the direction of trust.
- Every day we make the decision to get up and re-trust what we trusted yesterday and believe what we believed yesterday.
- Let us find a way to position ourselves to catch the light that is being offered and walk out of the shadows that hinder us.
- The limited vision spiritually is not the definer of our reality.
- It is a choice and treasure to have Faith and trust Him in the dark.
- The vision we have right now will not always be the vision we have in the future-He continues to expand our perception.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Let us declare our trust with our voices and lift our heads to Him.
“Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.” 1 Peter 1:8
Links from Show
Join the Insider Club – Joanna’s launch team!
Jodi’s Book: The Jesus-Hearted Woman
Jodi’s Book: The Settled Soul
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]