Our identity is not found in external things, but in an internal God.
In this week’s episode, our very special guests, Brittany Maher and Cassandra Speer share from their newest book. Her True Worth: Breaking free from a Culture of Selfies, Side Hustles, and People Pleasing to Embrace Your True Identity in Christ.
Brittany and Cassandra are leaders of the popular ministry, Her True Worth, which encourages women to find their true worth in Jesus Christ. After working in the beauty industry, Brittany and Cassandra’s eyes were opened to the emptiness of trying to find approval in the world’s view of what defines a woman’s worth.
Brittany and Cassandra share with us how to find our true worth and identity in Christ. As we accept our “acceptedness,” we will learn how to live like true daughters of the King. You won’t want to miss this one!
Important Takeaways from Show
- You are seen, known, and dearly loved by God.
- The world’s measuring stick cannot measure our worth, value, and identity.
- God’s goodness is not reliant on our “enoughness”.
- Salvation cannot be revoked and our daughterhood in the family of God cannot be earned.
- “No matter what I do, where I’ve been, or mistakes I’ve made, as long as I have a pulse His invitation to me never expires.”
- You need to know who you are not, in order to accept who you truly are in Christ.
- Are we living our lives in a posture of worship unto God, or are we in a place of needing the worship?
- Let us not spend a life earning what is already ours. Instead, let us put our worth, identity, and trust back in the hands of Jesus.
“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works.” Psalm 139:13-14
Links from Show
Join the Insider Club – Joanna’s launch team!
Brittany and Cassandra’s Book: Her True Worth
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]