“If you are not working on your recovery, you are working on your relapse.”
Do you feel the weight of shame pulling you down? Weaknesses that feel too deep and shameful to admit? In today’s episode, author, speaker and life coach, Irene Rollins, shares from her newest book, Reframe Your Shame: Experience Freedom from What Holds You Back.
With beautiful vulnerability, Irene shares her struggle with alcoholism, and how she overcame the battle of addiction and shame. If we’ll be honest, do the work, and trust God and His unfailing love, we too can walk in freedom and light. This is such a rich episode, you won’t want to miss it.
Important Takeaways from Show
- Rock bottom can become the foundation that the rest of our lives are built on.
- God can reframe our shame- as our greatest pain turns into our greatest ministry.
- It is time to give ourselves permission to be honest and bring the things that are in the dark into the light.
- When we admit our weakness, we are a witness of the power of Christ in us.
- I am enough because God says I am enough.
- We are temples of the Holy Spirit and freedom is on the other side of denial.
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Romans 12:2
- Let us know the goodness of God, not through the lens of shame, but for who He truly is and His reckless love for us.
- Admit it. Accept it. Apply it.
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
Links from Show
Irene’s New Book: Reframe Your Shame: Experience Freedom from What Holds You Back
Sign-Up for Tool Kit: Reframe Your Shame ToolKit
Jimmy and Irene Rollins Marriage Ministry: Two Equals One
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]