“It’s not so much about having the longing for success or significance, but where we turn in the midst of that longing.”
Do you have big dreams and callings from the Lord, but feel held back by fear of failure, or even fear of success? I sit down with my dear friend Rebecca George as we discuss her new book Do the Thing: Gospel-Centered Goals, Gumption, and Grace for the Go-Getter Girl. Rebecca and I talk about trusting God during rejection and disappointment, and how to follow our dreams in a way that glorifies Him.
In This Show We Talk About:
- 2:39 Rebecca shares the inspiration and heart behind writing her book Do the Thing.
- 5:46 Learning to step out in faith and overcome fear, both of failure and success.
- 7:40 Viewing our desires, gifts and calling through a Gospel-centered lens.
- 9:53 How both rejection and success can refine and sanctify us.
- 12:24 Joanna and Rebecca share about following God in Ministry and avoiding getting caught in comparison.
- 18:25 Learning to bring our sinful hearts to the Lord in the moment instead of hiding in shame.
- 21:41 Allowing God to use the season and circumstances He’s placed you in.
- 29:02 How to step into what we sense God calling us to do.
- 29:02 Rebecca shares the strength that keeps her going during times of weariness.
- 43:40 How to connect with Rebecca, plus how to access Rebecca’s FREE Light of the World Advent Devotional
Links from Show
Preorder Rebecca’s New Book: Do the Thing: Gospel-Centered Goals, Gumption, and Grace for the Go-Getter Girl
Rebecca’s Free Gift to Living Room Listeners: Light of the World: 21-Day Advent Devotional
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]