“Every day we are given the opportunity to either accuse God or to trust Him”
Do you constantly feel crippled by fear or disappointment, wondering where God is in the midst of your suffering? In this 100th episode of The Living Room, Susie Larson shares from her new book Soul Care for the Battle. We discuss the fears that pull us away from peace with God and how to learn to trust God’s goodness during life’s trials.
In This Show We Talk About:
- 2:45 Susie shares the story behind her new book “Soul Care for the Battle”.
- 8:19 Learning to discern the difference between a warning from the Holy Spirit and fear from the enemy.
- 12:18 How to respond to fear and intense emotion in a godly way.
- 13:54 When fear turns into rebellion, and how to prepare for hard times as a believer.
- 20:40 Susie reads a poem the Lord inspired her to write during a time of intense suffering.
- 24:09 Susie shares the verse that has proven true to her in the midst of life’s worst storms.
- 25:42 Joanna and Susie discuss the ability to accept both God’s blessings and the trials of life in tandem.
- 28:25 Why we shouldn’t move past the “Why me?” question too quickly.
- 31:43 How we miss God’s goodness by looking for the good.
- 44:01 The difference between holy lament, honest before God and self-pity.
Links from Show
Susie Larson’s Book: Soul Care for the Battle
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]