“When we renew our minds, truth actually changes our desires. It changes both our desires and our negative emotions. ”
For many of us, this month means reigning in our eating habits as we recover from the holidays. But how to we truly gain victory when emotional eating controls our lives? Barb Raveling and I sit down to discuss her journey in overcoming emotional eating and how we can turn to the only one who can truly satisfy our hunger for more.
In This Show We Talk About:
- 2:03 Barb shares about her new book “Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating” and her own journey in overcoming emotional eating.
- 4:30 The format and interactive exercises included in Barb’s book,
- 7:03 What is emotional eating?
- 8:55 Joanna shares her own journey through emotional eating
- 10:12 Barb talks about how to renewing our minds and letting the truth inform our thinking can change the way we view food.
- 11:53 The life changes Barb has experienced in her ministry to other women.
- 14:35 How to renew our minds concerning food and emotional eating on a practical level.
- 20:29 Practical tools that can help us in our everyday struggles with overeating.
- 22:36 How to navigate the benefits and dangers of diets.
- 27:38 How our relationship with food impacts or relationship with God.
- 29:41 Barb talks about the power of “Truth Journaling”.
Links from Show
Barb Raveling’s New Book: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating: 100 Renewing Exercises to Help You Break Free From the Control of Food
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]
Connect with Barb Raveling