About the Video Study
Using metaphors as well as familiar Bible stories, Joanna explores the resurrection life God wants to bring to every heart – not one day when we get to heaven, but here and now! For we all have graveclothes that need unwinding and tombs we must leave behind.
The participant’s study guide enhances weekly reading in the book, then explores scripture and the power of God to roll away any hindrances that keep us from living free in Christ.
The DVD Study Pack includes:
- Eight 18-minute video sessions taught by Joanna.
- Eight “Israel Moment” bonus videos feature interviews with Israel expert, Amy Turnage about the land and culture that shaped our Savior.
- Three “Word Time” short videos featuring practical tips for studying God’s Word.
- A copy of the participant study guide designed to help members engage with Scripture and each other in meaningful ways. (Can be purchased separately.)
- Downloadable Leader Guide with outlines and suggestions for leading weekly meetings.
- Bonus material in the DVD Pack includes: short promo video, posters, flyers, invite cards, memory verses, etc. (See “Resource” page.)
- Special Feature! Retreat Guide turns teaching sessions into a special event, complete with fun and meaningful activities
About the Study Guide
After you’ve read the assigned portion in the book, begin to work through the questions and exercises in this guide. They are designed to help you reflect on God’s Word and apply it. (Please note that I quote primarily from the 1984 edition of the New International Version, and most questions are shaped around that translation.)
Each week’s lesson also includes:
an “Israel Moment” sidebar. Designed to complement my video discussions with Amy Turnage, Director of Operations at the Center
for Holy Lands Studies, these sidebars offer insights into the land thatshaped Jesus and His ministry. The first three weeks also feature a “Word Time” sidebar outlining ways to go deeper in your walk with God. Corresponding videos will be shown in class if there is time.
a “Make a Plan” assignment. Each week, you’ll be encouraged to come up with action steps to apply the truths you’ve learned as you follow through on that plan during the upcoming week.
a “Who I Am in Christ” journal prompt. Part of stepping out of our tombs involves allowing God to redefine us and replace lies
with truth. Each week, you’ll be asked to respond prayerfully to that process.
a memory verse. Over the course of the study, you’ll be asked to memorize seven verses. If that seems too overwhelming, choose one
or two verses to focus on. Don’t worry; I’ll share some memorizing techniques that have helped me!
a video guide. With fill-in-the-blank prompts, these pages help capture key points from the DVD session so that you can refer to
a “Closing Time” reflection. At the end of each lesson you’ll have a chance to respond to what the Lord has impressed on your heart
throughout the week and in the teaching session.
Sign up to access the Leader Resources
If you’re looking for a Bible study that will meet the needs of all the women in your church – those new to Bible study as well as those who’ve done studies for years – you’re in the right place! Get all of the resources you need to run a Bible Study for your group.