Our time in the gospel of Mark has been wonderful! Thank you for sharing the things the Lord has been speaking to you – it’s been rich. We’re going to switch gears and spend the next month in two of my favorite books of the Bible: Philippians and Colossians.
Here’s a few things to remember:
- Before you begin reading, ask the Holy Spirit to remove any preconceived ideas so that you can receive a fresh word from the Lord.
- Read slowly, and then only until something speaks to you.
- Write down the portion you read, such as “Philippians 1:1-6.”
- Note the verse(s) you want to meditate on, and then write the verse word-for-word, including the reference.
- Respond to what you sense God saying through His Word.
- Tomorrow, start where you left off in your reading and repeat the process above.
Remember, the goal is to read slowly and prayerfully, listening for what God wants to speak to your heart. I suggest reading the first chapter in the first half of the week, and the second chapter in the second half of the week. If you make it through a chapter without finding something to meditate on, go to the chapter in Proverbs that corresponds to that day’s date.
As always, stop by my Facebook page and leave a comment! Can’t wait to hear what God has to say through you!