About the Video Study
Let God get His hands on you! That’s the message of this companion DVD Bible Study created to go along with Joanna’s best-seller, Having a Mary Spirit.
Featuring all-new material that complements rather than repeats the book, Joanna elaborates on the Holy Makeover God longs to bring to each one of us as we invite Him into the hidden corners of our hearts. For the Holy Spirit wants to help us say “no” to Flesh Woman so that we can say “yes” to God!
The Study Guide refers to assigned book reading, but focuses on the Word of God as it gives women tools for a Spirit-led transformation.
The DVD Study Pack includes:
- Twelve 20-minute video sessions taught by Joanna.
- “Tool Time” bonus videos filled with practical tips for applying God’s truth – (Three included, remaining videos available for download at Book Site.)
- A copy of the participant Study Guide designed to help members engage with Scripture and each other in meaningful ways. (Can be purchased separately. See sample.)
- Downloadable Leader Guide with outlines and suggestions for leading weekly meetings.
- Bonus material in the DVD pack includes: short promo video, posters, flyers, invite cards, memory verses, and a lot more! (See Book Site.)
- Special Feature! Retreat Guide turns teaching sessions into a special event, complete with Retreat Journal and meaningful activities.
About the Study Guide
After you’ve read the assigned portion in the book, begin to work through the questions and exercises in this guide. They are designed to help you reflect on God’s Word and apply it. (Please note that I quote primarily from the 1984 edition of the New International Version, and most questions are shaped around that translation.)
Each week’s lesson also includes:
- A “Word Time” sidebar. These are designed to give you tools to go deeper in your Bible study. Corresponding videos will be shown in class if there is time.
- A “Make a Plan” assignment. Each week, you’ll be encouraged to come up with action steps to apply the truths you’ve learned as you follow through on that plan during the upcoming week.
- A memory verse. Over the course of the study, you’ll be asked to memorize nine verses. If that seems too overwhelming, choose two or three verses to focus on. Don’t worry; I’ll share some memorizing techniques that have helped me!
- A video guide. With fill-in-the-blank prompts, these pages help capture key points from the DVD session so that you can refer to them later.
- A “Closing Time” reflection. At the end of each lesson you’ll have a chance to respond to what the Lord has impressed on your heart throughout the week and in the teaching session.
Sign up to access the Leader Resources
If you’re looking for a Bible study that will meet the needs of all the women in your church – those new to Bible study as well as those who’ve done studies for years – you’re in the right place! Get all of the resources you need to run a Bible Study for your group.