Let us embrace the ever-present presence of God
In this episode, the incredible, Jeanne Stevens shares from her new book, What’s here Now? How to Stop Rehashing the Past and Rehearsing the Future– and Start Receiving the Present. Jeanne is an author, speaker, and the founding and co-lead pastor of Soul City Church in Chicago. After finding herself in burnout and weariness, Jeanne discovered that while she was rehashing the past and living for the future, she was missing the present.
When we try to change something that cannot be changed or control something that God does not want us to control, peace feels distant and almost unavailable. God revealed to Jeanne the key to peace is in the present. Join us in the Living Room as we discuss ways to find freedom, allow God to draw us close, and embrace the ever-resent presence of God.
Important Takeaways from Show
- We can rehash the past or control the future, but the present moments are where we find peace.
- We need to be living in the ever-present moments in order to receive the ever-present help. (Psalm 46:1)
- Be thoughtful about patterns of the past and plans for the future but find contentment in the now.
- Peace is not contingent on our understanding, it is contingent on us being present with God.
- Replace the question from, “why” with the question, “what’s here now?”
- Grace means we start by knowing that we are accepted and loved just as we are, and our job is to connect people to the Good Shepherd. That is when we are living on purpose.
- Presence is an ongoing practice that will always need to be worked toward and focused on.
- As we cultivate God’s presence in our lives, breath in and out, notice our emotions, and take captive every thought that is not from Him.
The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14
Links from Show
Join the Insider Club – Joanna’s launch team!
Jeanne’s Book: What’s Here Now?
[Disclosure: I make a small commission from affiliate links used in this post.]